Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Fair's, rain and dinner's

Well Saturday was a day of great contrasts. Started early in the morning with a 7.15 drop off for the boys at their cricket games, then off to the Ferntree Gully Fair. Here amongst other things I was stage managing and the MC. Was a great day, although a little damp in places, infact rained until midday. Highlights were FTG Idol again, seeing the kids perform in the rain, our Funky Foothills Hair girls were champs coloring hair all afternoon, our Make Poverty History stand went well, selling about 50 bands as well as thai handmade crafts from Ta Rua church, our partner church in the slums of Klong Toey. Special thanks to my good mate Marc who went beyond the call of duty to get our MPH banner up, advertising our day on Sunday December 11.
We finished up at 3.30, home, unpacked, repacked then off to pick up my mate Mike to go to the UNOH benefit dinner. I was MCing the nite and helped to organize it, so the pressure was on.
This was a great night with over 300 people there, a great chance to honour some true champs, the UNOH crew who love and serve their neighbours in Springvale, Noble Park and Bangkok. Tim Costello spoke, Jim Reiher's new book was launched, and a great asian feast was had by all. Was great to catch up with Ash Barker who is in town for a few days of UNOH catch up's.
I love days like today when everything seems to come together so well, even if it was panic stations behind the scenes.

1 Comments:

At Monday, December 05, 2005 10:51:00 PM, Blogger Deb said...

wow, it's great to see the pics and hear the news of what I missed when I was triple-booked in Melbourne!! I'm glad I did get the time in with you the other days, though Steve....you have seriously inspired me :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home