Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Make Poverty History Party


This morning we had a photo shoot with one of our local papers for our upcoming Make Poverty History Party that we are hosting here in Ferntree Gully on Sunday December 11. Got some cool photos of friends Mike and Naomi with our banner made by our other good mate Marc.Got me thinking that this year there is this incredible focus on us in the so called "richer nations" cancelling out debts to many of the poorer nations to enable them to eradicate extreme poverty, and the world is responding quite well to this. Yet again in my own area last weekend 6 out of 9 local candidates won a council election on the sole premise of lowering rates so that we can all have an extra $100 in our pockets, regardless of what community services will get cut as a result. We live in a weird and sometimes tragic world, with those who have much just wanting more and more all the time. Thy kingdom come...

1 Comments:

At Friday, December 02, 2005 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Steve, I don't know whether I will make it to the Arboretum because I will be in hospital for an op during next week. In order to do my bit, I have made a picture for my sidebars to promote the day. Happy to share it with you if you email me. You can see it on my blogs The Eagle's Nest http://eaglesplace.blogspot.com and The Trad Pad
http://tradpad.blogspot.com

Blessings and bliss

 

Post a Comment

<< Home