Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Makes you think...

Yesterday i attended the funeral service of a dear friend of my mothers. Tom Malone died Thursday morning at a hospice after a very short battle with cancer. He passes away just a few moments after my mum had got there to visit him, which she had been doing daily over the past 2 months. The funeral was at Reservoir Baptist where I grew up and mum still goes. It evoked many feelings for me yesterday. It was a great celebration of the life of one who had given himself to serve others and was not afraid to go home just 2 days shy of his 73 birthday. I also caught up with some people I hadn't seen for many years including an old primary school friend, that was pretty freaky. But the big thing for me was that I can tend to take people for granted, cause you never know when you spend time with someone if you will ever see them again in this life time. So the challenge for me??? To enjoy other peoples company as if it is the last day I will ever spend with them, to fully give them my time and patience, now there's a great challenge...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home