Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Getting to know you...

The value of relationships has really come home to me over the past couple of days. Having been here a few times now there are many people who know me, and it helps the relationship develop a little deeper each time we meet. I have seen this at the ta Rua church, having preached there again the other day, within the local community, even last night booking a tour for some of our group for Saturday down at Khao San Road last night, made all the easier as I am recognized, known, and hopefully trusted.

This has really hit home teaching at Glua Prik each day, we had 28 kids in our class this morning, all between the ages of 5-9 years. Most of them I taught earlier in the year, so there is a lot of trust and fun had. I am reminded that Jesus spent time building relationships, he just didn’t do the “preaching tour” thingy, but invested his life into some. The relationships here continue to blossom, so too does Jesus continue to reveal himself to me through the people I meet, especially the poor of the slum…

3 Comments:

At Friday, October 27, 2006 9:03:00 AM, Blogger stillers said...

Hi Barro
Greetings from Wales! Please pass on my love and greetings to Ash, Anji and Rod - precious memories of wonderful people, often in my prayers - thanks for the initial intro. Keep the faith baby. Safe travels.

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 7:51:00 PM, Blogger The Dekkers said...

Hey Barro,
It's been great keeping up with you guys during the Thailand trip

Love Naomi

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 8:29:00 PM, Blogger Barro said...

hey guys, thanks for that

great to hear from you sean, will "pass the peace" to the guys in the next few minutes, am borrowing a bike and heading down south tomorrow for the day with rod and some thai mates, hanging out for a ride...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home