Friday, October 13, 2006

Make way for the ashes

In my spare time over the past 6 weeks I have been off to cricket training with our local club Ferntree Gully Cricket Club. I have been co coaching Jack's team, the under 13's but also training with the seniors, and tommorrow make my long awaited return to cricket after 23 years in the wilderness. It was with great excitement last night when the teams were read out that there was my name, in the 6ths. Unfortunately the main motivation for all of this was to play with Rory, who plays under 17's in the morning and seniors in the afternoons, but he tore some ankle ligaments earlier this week skateboarding so will have to sit the day out. Jack also returns after just getting his plaster caste off last week, with still limited movement and strength in his right arm. The last few weeks have been a bit of a battle with the back and general soreness for me, using muscles that i forgot I had, but that will all be worth it tomorrow when I step out onto the field. Just tell Freddie he better be afraid...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home