Friday, January 19, 2007

Owens to Sydney, so watch out

The last few weeks has seen some farewells, and none more sadder, yet celebrated, was the departure of the Owens for western Sydney. I have got to know Jon over the past 7 years after we did our Forge internship together back in 2000. Anyone who meets Lisa and Jon can't help but be encouraged and challenged by the call of Jesus and their obedience. Jon and Lisa are memebers of UNOH and are heading up Mt Druit way to establish a UNOH chapter. I for one will miss them, but know that we will bump into them again later in the year at Surrender.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, January 20, 2007 6:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only just met Jon and Lisa last year and agree that are extraordinary folk that encouraged and challenged me! I too look forward to seeing them at Surrender and believe that they will be Jesus have such an impact in Mt Druit!

 
At Monday, January 22, 2007 1:51:00 PM, Blogger Steve Bevis said...

Heya Mr B, email me their contact details when you've got them as I'd like to touch base with them and give them a Sydney holistic mission welcome...
sbevis@tear.org.au

 
At Thursday, January 25, 2007 12:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words Barro. I'm not sure Jesus ever had that picture in mind when we recall the nativity!

 
At Friday, January 26, 2007 9:18:00 AM, Blogger Barro said...

hey guys, hoope the housing comes together soon, i mean it's not like Jesus was ever homeless or anything...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home