Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Birthday boy

Monday was my birthday, normally a day of denial, but I didn't mind this one. You see I turned 43, but most of last year when someone asked me my age I said 43, it wasn't until late in the year did I realize that I was robbing myself of a year. So now to be really 43 ain't that bad.

Helen had the day off so we went down to Knox for the day, a bit of shopping, lunch and a movie. We saw Blood Diamonds, Some movies entertain. Some challenge the way you think, encouraging you to see the world in a different way. And some try to change the way you live. Blood Diamond does all three. I strongly urge you to see it, for me it was all the more special because of my good friend Billy in Sydney who escaped the horror of Sierra Leone, which is the backdrop for the movie.
Finished the day with family tea together, home made pad thai, massaman curry and apple and raspberry cake, now that's my idea of a birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home