Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Reflections on the Long Walk

Last Sunday morning, I with my good mates Marc and Andy, along with about 10,000 other people went for a leisurely 3km walk in Carlton. We were part of The Long Walk, and it was an amazing time. Apart from the fact of the huge numbers that turned out, I felt humbled and privileged to be there is such amazing company with so many people all saying, we are one nation, we need to work together and therefore we need to address some pertinent issues facing our indigenous sisters and brothers. Hopefully this is the kick start needed to again put these issues back onto the public agenda. It is very sad that over the past few years issues, reconciliation have been given such a low priority by our political leaders and society in general.
Michael Long's speech was truly inspirational. I am trying to get the transcript of it and will post it when I can, it had a sense of “Martin Luther King, I had a dream”, about it. Please read what the media had to say including The Age, Herald Sun and ABC Online.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home