Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Teaching English…

I have been teaching over the past couple of days at a community slum called Glua Prik, which is about 10 minute drive from the main Klong Toey Centre. There are 4 of us and we have had a little over 50 kids each day. My group is made up of about 22, 6-9 year olds, and we have been having a lot of fun. Unfortunately we don’t have anyone with us who speaks both Thai and English so our teaching is very limited, but we have fun with EDUCATIONAL crafts, games, songs and activities. I am teaching with a Mel, a young woman from Perth who has great ideas, so we seem to work together well. The kids are great and seem to look forward to seeing us. The local community leaders also seem very pleased and they look in each day just to check things are ok. Its amazing how good a singer you are thousands of k’s from home.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 25, 2006 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Andy said...

Maybe you should record a CD while you're over there? Speaking of CD's, we'rew hoping tha tyouth night this week with be at Congo Boys CD launch. Rory loves their cd.

Collingwood 106 to Essendon 89. I'm sure it would have been different if Lloyd was in. Good game to be at.

enjoy & blessings....

 
At Thursday, April 27, 2006 7:48:00 PM, Blogger Barro said...

hello dad I am going to read a book once apona time a lasdt girl said weeee bat man said where is mi mask at my house go a way I may have my mask ok dark forest dark house dark steps dark door dark box the ghost died
they live happily ever after the end love ella xoxoxo

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 9:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, COuld I change my order to West Wing Series 6 as I just bought Series 5 off E-Bay, thanks mate!

 
At Saturday, April 29, 2006 9:41:00 PM, Blogger Barro said...

mate, already bought it the other night, 8 disks, 800 baht... is series 6 out yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home