Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Back to school...

Today I went and spoke at Berwick Secondary College to a group of year 11 students. This was arranged through a mate Pete who is chaplain at the school. Pete is loving his work there and is in the right place. This was a special health day with many types of electives, mine was just one among many but I had a full class of 28 students for the topic "Spirituality", I was quite impressed with the number especially when I found out I was competing against "Safe sex". It was a great session with the time literally flying and just when we'd got into some good indepth q and a's, in walked the local ambulance officer ready to start the next sesion. It was the first time I had spoken in a secondary school setting for a while, after doing it day in and day our for many years. And the feedback was very positive.

So reflecting on the day I learned that I am now much older that I think I am and secondly it is much harder to impress young people these days so why try...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home