Monday, May 01, 2006

Sunday at Ta Rua

I had the privilege this morning of again preaching at the Ta Rua church here in Klong Toey. Having preached there last October I told them how brave they were having me back again. It seemed to go very well, looking at the passage of the calling of Levi in Mark 2. It’s a real challenge preaching a phrase at a time as the translation occurs, it means I have to work hard on really simplifying the message and making it clear. I received a fair bit of encouragement afterwards and a few people came forward for prayer. Rod said he felt the message was the right encouragement to the locals as I spoke on the fact of God’s grace of coming to those who were considered outsiders in the society of the day, like tax collectors and other sinners and that he still does that today. In a place where they are shunned as being ”slum people” to experience the grace of God because they are known and loved by the God of the universe I guess must make a significant difference.
poatscript: Rodger, another member of our team speaks of his experiences and the message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home